Monday, March 19, 2007

They say it's Unfair

Several Democrats and Planned Parenthood reps, that is. They say it's unfair what South Carolina (and other states) is pushing for in its legislation. I am quite proud of my former state.

Women seeking abortions in South Carolina would be required to view an ultrasound image of their fetus before the procedure under a proposal gaining support from lawmakers.

Lindsay Siler, a spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood Health Systems said, "This bill is nothing more than politically driven. It's unnecessary and an attempt to restrict abortion by scaring and intimidating women."

She needs to read more facts. Scare women? What scars & scares women more is the aftermath of abortion. We are constantly reading more reports and studies stating the trauma women experience, post-abortion. Psychological and mental distress, let alone many physical issues, too.
What is more intimidating than that? NOT AN ULTRASOUND!
Planned Parenthood is such a joke. And she comments as though her agenda is not political.

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I agree- I think this would be a wonderful thing to mandate in every state right now!!!

Steph

Sharon said...

I pray it will be a law in each state!

Greg said...

I love this plan!

I've emailed my state representatives and voiced my approval. Governor Sanford has said that he will sign the bill into law when it makes it to his desk.

I would be even more happy if we could end abortions all together in SC, but I think this is a step in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Greg. As much as I am in favor of it, I am embarrassed to admit I have not written any government officials encouraging them on this issue.
I really should.