Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday

This will be brief (I suspect), but I wanted to join in since I couldn't last week. :)

-I am thankful for my new son, born one week ago today!
-I am thankful for my 3 year old son. He's a great big brother already.
-I am especially thankful for the time I had alone with my 3 year old yesterday. I've missed him since Brennan was born, and it was like old times for a few hours yesterday.
-I am so thankful hubby was able to take the week off of work as we adjust with the new baby.
-I am thankful for all the help and gifts people have given us this past week.
-I am quite thankful for Lanolin nipple cream. I'm breastfeeding. No more words necessary.
-I am thankful to no longer be pregnant! I can tie my own shoes again! LOL.
-I'm thankful for the crock pot. I know it will be put to well-use next week once hubby goes back to work. (and if you have some easy, short-ingredient slow-cooker recipes to share, please tell me!)
-I thank God for expanding our family. I am so thankful He has blessed us with two healthy, adorable boys. Little did I know when I met my husband, first as a friend, just what our future together would hold. Good thing God is in charge!

Have a blessed Thursday! Thanks to Sting My Heart for this Thankful Thursday thread.

15 comments:

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Sharon,
Congratulations on the birth of your son and your other son.
I know what you mean I was so grateful when I could tie my own shoes again too. I am glad your husband got to take some time off work. I also love slow cookers :). Thank you so much for sharing what a wonderful list this week. Many blessings to you.

Angel

Aldara said...

How wonderful that everything is going well. I have been praying for you that the nursing will get better!
Hugs

Stacey said...

My absolute favorite slow-cooker recipe, and so doggone easy:

1 3-4 pound pork tenderloin, silver skin removed (have hubster do that, I hate doing it myself)
1 onion, sliced
1 can of cranberry sauce (I prefer whole berry)
1/3 cup (ish) of french dressing

Slap it all in the slow-cooker, high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. NUMMERS!

Crystal said...

What a great list of thankfuls...congratulations on the birth of your new little one!
Blessings

Stacey said...

Of course there's always the old throwback of pot roast. Get a 4 pound chuck roast, sear it in a really hot pan, throw it in the slow cooker, put in 2-3 chopped potatoes, 1 sliced onion, 2-3 stalks of celery, 3-4 chopped carrots, 1 packet of onion soup mix, and enough water to almost cover the whole thing. SO good, and so easy. This one's not as quick to throw together as the pork one, but it's super tasty.

Oh, and PS - in the pork tenderloin recipe, you can substitute 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cook for the same amount of time. I've never done it, but I gave the recipe to my friend who doesn't eat pork and she did it with chicken and loved it.

Aisling said...

Ooooh many blesings to mom and baby, and the whole family! GO REST!

Stacey said...

Haha, okay, one more, I swear. I tried this one 2 weeks ago and it's a new family favorite:

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup - YUM!

Deedra said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby! You are my hero! When my baby was a week old, I could barely manage to shower, and you are blogging! AND you have a 3 year old! Wow! Thank you for sharing your list!

Denise said...

Congrats on the birth of your new precious blessing.

Sharon said...

Sharon, congratulations on the birth of another son!

I enjoyed reading your list and glad you are doing well.

May God bless you and your family!

From another Sharon. :-)

Deena Peterson said...

Congratulations on your sons, amen to the crock pot, and that cream comment brought back **ouch** memories!

Monkey Giggles said...

You must be proud. Thank you for sharing your list. Enjoy.

Nise' said...

Congratulations to you and your family on the addition of a precious baby boy! Thanks for sharing your list today.

Grandparents Corner said...

Congratulations on your new little blessing! My favorite thing I could do after having my babies, was being able to sleep on my tummy again. Ohhhhh!

I'm like you, trying to find simple, healthy, slow-cooker recipes without buying a huge book. My problem is, hubby is picky and I need it without onions, celery, and all the good stuff. ;)

May your family be blessed and have a wonderful weekend together.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This was a wonderful thankful post! You are blessed!!

P.S.
I’ve got another photo tag going on, and this time two participants will win a prize package! Get real- Bloggers Without Makeup!


Steph
Adventures In Babywearing