Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Oh to be thankful...sometimes it's hard to see the good among all the stressful things, isn't it ?

-I am thankful for family. My father-in-law turned 50 this week, my sister-in-law's b-day is tomorrow, and there are more family b-days next week. I am thankful for each person and their lives.

-I am thankful for Aidan, my 3 year old. He loves his new baby brother so much, and he is so patient. Don't get me wrong-he has definitely tested the limits with all the changes. But he is so sweet and patient. He doesn't mean to clobber Brennan. He's only trying to hug and kiss him like we do!

-I am thankful hubby brought me ice cream last night. I was seeking comfort food after a day of a fussy baby.

-I am thankful for our great health insurance, and for hubby and his job. We're insured through his work.

-I'm thankful for the family and friends that have been checking up on us since Brennan's arrival. Gifts, cards, phone calls...it's so welcoming.

-I'm thankful Brennan's Baptismal arrangements are all finalized!

There was a lot I was not thankful for this week. Sleepless times, a testing 3 year old, fussy newborn...I've been snappy with my husband and hard on myself. I've had plenty of pessimistic moments. So it's good we're all here recognizing the GOOD things. It's hard to find it sometimes, but there's always something to be grateful for. You can visit here to see what everyone else is thankful for!

9 comments:

Deena Peterson said...

We all have weeks where we're tired and get a bit cranky...I know I've been that way this week...but it feels so good to push past it all and to proclaim our thankfulness, doesn't it??

Denise said...

Bless you for being thankful, even though it was a stressful week.

Nise' said...

What a wonderful man to bring you comfort food! So glad you are blessed with good health insurance! Thanks for sharing this week.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Your husband sounds wonderful! It's been a long week for me too. :)

Thanks for sharing your list!

Blessings~

In Light of the Truth... said...

Sounds like me this week! Much frustration but trying to remain thankful in the process! My hubby was nice today too and brought home a cherry vanilla coke (I hardly ever have pop so it was a treat) and chocolate covered raisins (my favorite) since he knew I've been stressed lately.

Have a good weekend! (do weekends really exist for mommies??)

Love Bears All Things said...

I love your post. We can always find things we're thankful for if we just have a minute to think. Right now there are adjustments for all of you to make as you deal with a new addition. The Lord will give you all you need to handle it.
Blessings! Mama Bear

eph2810 said...

I always tell myself that even though I am having a hard time or day, I need to look at the blessings and not get hung up on the bad. I know it is hard to get adjusted to a new baby. Don't be too hard on yourself. It is awesome that your 3-year-old son is doing okay with the new arrival.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week, even though you had some challenges.

Have a wonderful Thursday evening.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I hear you.
I so remember those first few weeks with a new born. I so wish I had had this blogging thing during that time. I pray you get a good night sleep and the children get settled in to the new routine real soon.

Monkey Giggles said...

Yes I would have to agree...It is hard sometimes. Thank you for reminding me of some things. Have a great weekend. Thank you for sharing your heart.