Friday, June 01, 2007

I'm so proud of this girl!

My niece/goddaughter that is. :)
I've loved this girl like my own since day one. So I'm always proud of her.
But this time I am proud in a different way. Above and beyond the regular proud.

She just completed second grade. (I'm still in disbelief she'll be a 3rd grader!) The last day of school there was an awards assembly. There is a Principal's Choice Award, given to those who have maintained an all "A" average all year, as well as behavioral issues, I think. It's the highest award at the school. They only choose 4 people to give this award to.

You guessed it-Haleigh was one of those four! Out of 126 people, the entire school, she was one of the four to receive this award! I am so proud of her. She's so smart and growing up so nicely.

Way to go, kid. Keep up the good work. I love ya!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Congratulations Haleigh!!

I, too, am very proud of you!! You're such a bright young lady.

:)

Jennifer said...

Every time I see her, she looks older! She looks even older than she is, don't you think? (Something about the way she carries herself, maybe?)--I know I've been saying this alot lately, but TIME SURE FLIES!!!

Congrats Haleigh!!!