Saturday, June 09, 2007

The "WHY?" Stage

Aidan has officially reached the "why?" phase.
I thought kids hit this stage around age 4, but apparently 3 is Aidan's age for it.
If you're a parent, you know what I'm talking about.
It goes something like this:
Me: "It's raining outside"
Aidan: "Why?
Me: "I guess God figured the grass needs to be watered"
Aidan: "why?"
Me: "So the grass gets nice and green and grows healthy"
Aidan : "WHY?"
Me: "so you have nice grass to play on"
Aidan: "WHY?"

It continues on like this, back and forth, just about after every sentence or thing I say.

Almost annoying, somewhat cute...and definitely amazing to see how inquisitive children are and to know they are learning so much right now.


I may have to start calling Aidan George, as in Curious George. At least until he's asked all his "Whys?". ;)

No comments: