Friday, September 21, 2007

ONE MILLION Cribs Recalled

Baby Cribs Recalled After Three Deaths

Three deaths, topped with "Seven other infants have been entrapped in the cribs, according to the CPSC. There have been 55 reports of the cribs' drop sides detaching or the hardware failing to hold the side to the crib."

Apparently the recall is for cribs by Simplicity and Graco.

Scary. And how sad for those babies and parents, especially.

Thank God for co-sleeping. I'm thankful right now that it works for us. I take so much comfort in being able to just open my eyes and physically feel and see that my children are safe and sound. Without ever getting up.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my LORD!! I hadn't heard about this!! After the recalls that have cleaned out Landon's toy chest, this makes me especially mad! I mean, come ON people! These products are for little CHILDREN!! Check them and when everything is perfect, check it all again. I know I'd pay a few bucks more to save my baby's life. People are irritating the CRAP out of me lately! And I agree with the co-sleeping thing, too--It's one of the BEST parenting decisions we've ever made--for more reasons than this :o)

Andrea said...

I thought the same thing after I heard this on the news yesterday. Thank goodness for co-sleeping. We have a crib that has been sitting in the other room, w/o a matress ever since Landen was born! =)