Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy Groundhog Day!

I love this day like a fool. My hubby is great about humoring me, too. When I first came downstairs this morning, he was playing I've Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher (like in the movie Groundhog Day). Ha! I loved it. :)

Unfortunately Punxsutawney Phil did see his shadow, which means 6 more weeks of winter. (bla!) One of these days I'm going to drive my booty to Pennsylvania for the Groundhog Day festivities. THEN, I just know, Phil will not see his shadow, and spring will come early. (See people? It's all dependent on me getting to PA for spring to come early;)

We checked for our shadows inside the house this morning (sure enough they were there), and later the hubs & I are going to watch Groundhog Day. Have you seen that movie? I like the insurance guy that steps in the curb puddle each time. He's so dorky looking.

Alright. If you're interested in kid-related Groundhog activities, here are some, as well as here.

Happy Groundhog Day! Keep those hats, gloves & scarves out. Winter's here a little longer!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe it should just be Sharontawney Phil Day and you should go outside in a groundhog costume and announce whether or not you see your shadow!! (Imagine how the neighbors would love to see THAT!)

PS) The dorky insurance guy is your boyfriend.

PPS) Pat is great. Give Pat a PAT for me. Har har har! :oD

Sharon said...

The dorky insurance guy is your boyfriend.
LOL! Was it that obvious? It's all that talk about premiums and benefits...gets me every time! ;)

Oh, and the search is on for my groundhog costume.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Groundhog Day!

Bethany said...

I love Groundhog's Day too! I thought I was the only person who actually enjoyed such an obscure holiday.