Thursday, July 31, 2008

Brennan Update

The good news is no ear infection.

The bad news is that while getting a good look in his mouth, the doctor noticed he's cutting all four molars at the same time! :( Poor baby. (on top of the bottom tooth that just broke through his gums)
So it's mega teething issues.
The doctor actually acknowledged, too, that his fever could be a part of teething, since his body is under stress and less able to fight off germs, etc. The final word is that within a week things should be back to normal.

I sure hope so. I hope sooner than that. We can't go that many days in a row without sleep.

Now I know, and I'll continue giving him both Tylenol and Motrin, as suggested.

Thanks for the prayers!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to hear its not an ear infection. sure hope those teeth break through quickly for him so you all can get some sleep!

Andrea said...

Sharon.. I'm pretty sure AMelia and Brennan are made for eachother.. both have hard time with teeth... yep... a match made in heaven. I'll see ya at the wedding! LOL!

Sue said...

Poor little man! (men). Get better fast A & B!! Boy, I HATE teeth right now. I feel for ya Brennan, you have 4 coming in & I have 1 that has to come out :{

Greg said...

Aw, poor guys!!

Sounds like a tough week for them. I hope they feel better soon. At least they were able to enjoy a GREAT vacation last week.

Oh! I just read a little something that would interest you. Apparently, the nickname for the Olympic Stadium in Beijing for this year's Olympics is The Bird's Nest. Sounds like you're famous INTERNATIONALLY!!

Jennifer said...

Oh I remember those days!!! Thank God its just his teeth, though, right? I hate the battle with antibiotics!

PS) Sue, I am having tooth issues, too--Let's call them "Brennan Sympathy Pains"! :o) (What dentist do you go to?)