Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Can you believe SHE is 35?!

Alright, alright, she may try to kill me after sharing that picture, but I felt it was a risk worth taking. Sue is 35 years old today!

You can probably guess from the picture that Sue is forever young at heart. She truly doesn't seem to age. And even though she has her spirited side, she is always mature enough to be there when you need her.
God knows that as my "big sister", I have needed her plenty.
She is not only family to me, but she is also my best friend. Something good or bad happens in my life, and she is the 1st person I call. We may not see eye to eye on all issues, but I always want and value her opinion.

She introduced me to dancing when we were younger, she used to babysit John and I, feeding us frozen Mega pizzas. :) She bought me my first trendy outfit from The Children's Place when it mattered, along with my first Esprit bag to go with it. (It was a red one. I still remember!)
Sue helped me realize I hate cats...thanks to that little beast Mittens.

More importantly, Sue was there for me when my relationships ended with my high school boyfriends, comforting me.
She was there for me when I was scared to spend a semester abroad, sending me mail weekly, and e-mails more frequently than that.

She was Maid of Honor in my wedding, and then a light for me in my dark days post-partum after Aidan was born.
She is Aidan's godmother, and a great Aunt to to both of my boys.

To her own family she is such a good mom, being far more patient than she recognizes.

We're all lucky to have Sue a part of our crazy lives. I wish you a Happy Birthday, Sue, and I wish I lived closer so I could take you out for some birthday fun.
Let's do a raincheck for that, OK?

Enjoy your day! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Sue said...

what did i do to my hair?? and the color-ugh. at least my eyebrows look decent. thanks for the sweet & gross post!!

Erin said...

Happy BIrthday Sue!!!!

Greg said...

Happy Birthday Sue!!!

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

haappy birthday sue! Today is my sisters birthday too she's 25!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Sue! 35 was a tough one for me. But I figured it was better than the alternative.