Friday, January 09, 2009

TGIF!

It was a busy week and I am tired.
Are you tired?
This week kids went back to school and everyone resumed their regular work schedule. I suppose it should feel more normal, but with us moving, normalcy is not yet in sight.
I wish I could close my eyes, then when I open them again the house will be ready, we'll be moved in and unpacked. Ahhh....one can dream, right?

This past week-Sunday-started off with us doing our Christmas exchange with Pat's side of the family. It was fun and the meal was delicious. Prime Rib, delicious prime rib that left me wanting more since Sunday. I am so glad my in-laws are great cooks!

The rest of the week was more jumbled:
  • Scheduled dental appointments
  • Scheduled a tour of our parish school
  • Bought a washer & dryer
  • Had new house measured for carpeting
  • Selected carpeting and hassled Lowe's to schedule installation
  • Moved about 7 boxes and miscellaneous things over to new house
  • Emptied the boys' bookshelf and our hutch to move over
  • Took Brennan to get his hair cut (he looks like a boy again, and older)
  • Bought some room wall stickers for the playroom/guest room
  • Bought a new shower curtain for the house
  • Actually made one home cooked meal
  • Ordered vitamins for Aidan

See why I'm tired?
I feel like I left something out, but oh well. It's enough of a list to at least make me feel productive.

During the down time I watched the first episode of Superstars of Dance. I have to say-China kicked butt in the group dance!! That was amazing! I feel that Australia's group dance was underscored, and the American solo guy was beyond talented, but it was almost too odd for me.
I enjoyed the episode, but it was hard to get into and it seemed to drag on a bit.

I'm looking forward to this weekend.
Today Pat is taking a half day so we can finish painting the boys' room and put up their border.
Tomorrow his parents are coming down, and they're going to do the faucet work that needs to be done.
Sunday my brother & his family are coming down, and we hope to finish the 3rd bedroom and bathroom.

The bedrooms have to be finished by Sunday night, because the carpet is being installed on Monday. Then we can actually move the big things in! :)

There is our weekend. What are your plans? How was your week?

6 comments:

Stacey said...

So if you haven't already watched Private Practice from last night, I recommend you skip it, lest you throw things at your television...

Sue said...

Oh, you just BETTER be watching Monk tonight or I will so tie Pat to a chair & make him watch The Strangers (then Rocky)

other than that...Haleigh has a basketball game tomorrow & then I am such a nice Mom because she is having a friend spend the night 2 weeks in a row!!

Sharon said...

Stacey--I haven't watched Grey's OR PP yet! Now I'm curious. Hopefully tonight. And why did PP move to Thursdays? I want it on Wed. Something for my tv fix. ;)

Sue--That is nice of you to let her have friends overnight 2 weeks in a row. Good luck to her w/ the b-ball game! I wish we could come watch!
MONK..ah, we'll see.
KIDDING!

Stacey said...

Okey dokey. Just don't say I didn't warn ya. And don't have any objects near you that could damage your television should you feel the need to throw things.

It's gonna make you mad, is what I'm trying to say...

Oh, and I reckon they moved it to Thursday because that's where all the good shows go. And you should start watching Ghost Hunters and CSI:NY because that's what I watch on Wednesdays :)

JapaneseKeane said...

Nice to meet you!

I came across your blog by any chance!
I`m Japanese,and I love Ireland.
I`d like you to come to my blog!

http://iwannabeanirish.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

I just watched Grey's and PP while babysitting last night :) PP made me tear up, though. I'm watching Monk right now and getting a lot of other random stuff done around the apt. This week was pretty busy!

Let me know what you think of PP...