Sunday, March 08, 2009

We Still Miss You

Some people scrapbook.
Some people journal.

I blog.

My posts are often more for me than any reader.
Today's post is just that.

It is not for attention, nor is it for sympathy.

I find it to be a part of healing, remembering, believing...
These things are important to me (and many times, it's easier to just forget).

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of losing our second baby, Dorothy Grace.
I miscarried her at 16 weeks, with no pregnancy complications to warn us, and they told us it was Trisomy 18.

Ironically it was the only pregnancy we were actively "trying" for.
And yes, at times I am still confused by God. At times I am still angry.
Many times I am still hurt.

Today I am remembering. She would have been 3 in August.

I imagine her with light blond hair, just like Aidan & Brennan.
I imagine her being very stubborn and sassy, but yet getting her way quite a bit.
I imagine her starting preschool at the same school where Aidan will go to kindergarten.
I imagine taking her out for girls' days, shopping, buying pink things, and maybe down the road getting pedicures.
I imagine our family with her right here.

I feel it.
And it hurts.


We miss you, little Dottie.
You are forever in our hearts.

13 comments:

Mandy said...

Thinking of you today.

Stacey said...

Big hugs today. I'll pray for you and Dorothy.

Lynette3boys said...

Bless your heart Sharon. My words are lacking, but you're in my prayers.

Andrea said...

I'm sorry. It really is hard! I didn't know you named her, I guess I didn't even know it was a her.

God bless. *hugs*

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Thank you for sharing. God bless you, your family and Dorothy what a lucky little girl!

Amy said...

Can't believe it's been three years. She's your own little angel. Prayers for her -- and for you.

Anonymous said...

It's hard going through this every year. Yes, time makes it a bit easier, but the sadness still exists. I'm sorry for your loss, but at least I know your Dotti is keeping my angel, Aiden, company in heaven. Thinking of you. :)

Sharon said...

Thank you all so much for your kind words.

momwats8 said...

That was just beautiful and well said. I miss little Ambrose too!! It hurts so much. I also miss my other miscarried babies but I think because I was further along - 16 weeks also - that it hurts a little more somehow...i don't know if that makes sense or not, sigh...Love to you:)

Jennifer said...

Has it been three years??? It doesn't seem possible. That time period (even for me--and I know it doesn't hold a candle to what you went through...) ranks up there with one of the worst. It was so incredibly sad--my heart literally hurt for you...:o(

This post made me cry. I picture the little blondie, too--sassy and all "Sharon"...

......... :o(

Bethany said...

Coming in way late to this, but I'm praying for you. I know our family still mourns the loss of the babies my mom miscarried. (((hugs)))

Hyperactive Lu said...

Just now reading through all your posts...and reading this one. So sad. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine.....

Jennifer said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. My best friend's first son has Trisomy 18, he died a couple of weeks before he was to be born.