Friday, March 03, 2006

This is One of the Hardest Days in My Life

I went for my 16 week check-up today, and there was no heartbeat for my baby. :(
This is a very sad day for me and my family. Please keep us in your prayers.
Apparently even though I had no bleeding, etc.- I was 16 weeks, but the gestational age of the baby was 11 weeks and 3 days. Our baby passed about a month ago.

I have never gone through this before. One minute I feel like everything is fine- I am still pregnant. Then the next minute it all hits me again- worse than a ton of bricks. The horrible scenario plays over again in my head- the dr. stressing the search for the heartbeat- then finding the small size of the baby I was carrying. And then, of course, just asking "what do I say to my husband?!"

It's been a rough day. And an interesting way to begin Lent. Now I feel suffering along w/ Jesus more than ever. Right now I don't care much about that, but the timing is ironic.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in prayer.

Sir Galen of Bristol said...

I, too, am very sorry for your loss; I'll be sure to keep your family in my prayers.

Kim said...

Sharon,

Words cannot express how saddened I feel to hear about your loss. There is no greater loss than that of losing your child. I will definately keep you and your family in my prayers.

Carol said...

Oh, I can't believe this. I am sooo sorry. I can't even imagine how painful this must be for you. May God comfort you and carry you through this difficult time. :-(

I would like to send you a little book with comforting verses, if you feel like emailing me your shipping address.

Love, Carol

Carol@parentingdecisions.com

Carol said...

I am sorry my comment picture shows my little one. I felt bad when I saw it come up when I posted the last comment. :-(

O! said...

Dear Sharon,

I think God wanted an angel from your family.

This was so hard to hear - I'm in physical pain right now but I know what I feel is nothing compared to your pain. Please know you are top in my prayers. God bless you and your family.

TLF said...

you don't know me...
I'm a friend of O!'s...
I just wanted you to let you know that you are in my prayers as well...
God bless
TLF

O! said...

Dear Sharon,

I wrote something for you as my last post.

God bless you.

Matthew said...

O, Sharon:

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You can only pray that your child is in Heaven.

I'm so, so sorry. Keep praying. In Mother Teresa's words: "When we are suffering, it means God is so close to us,that He has kissed us"

Here is a link to Mother Angelica's misscarriage prayer:

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/miscarriage.htm

Again I'm so sorry :(

Jean Heimann said...

Dear Sharon,

My heart goes out to you.
I am so very sorry for your loss. I will be lifting you and your family up in prayer.

Jean

melanie said...

Oh Sharon,
That's SO SAD!!! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and will offer my holy hour tonight for you.

Blessings and hugs,
melanie