Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Thank you...I'm tired....Been Busy

I couldn't think of a title, so I summed it up. ;)

First THANK YOU for all the sweet congrats and the prayers. I am starting to feel excited about this pregnancy. I have to admit, the first week of finding out I was a disaster. Not that I don't want this baby. I am AFRAID. I kept telling my sweet husband that I feel like a walking time bomb. I feel like I am doomed to have another miscarriage, and I'm just waiting until I start bleeding again. *sigh*. OK, so maybe it's a bit dramatic. But feelings can't always be helped. And that's how I was feeling. VERY emotional. A wreck. A nervous wreck.
I can feel prayers working, though. I am not nearly that bad this week. Maybe because the nausea as kicked in. (LOL) While I don't enjoy morning sickness, I've always been told it's a good sign for a pregnancy. So it's actually reassuring in an odd way. I'd just like to feel like it's fine to get attached to this baby and plan on his or her arrival. In 9 months. My first doctor's appointment is Friday. I'll feel better then. And he is going to do an ultra-sound to make sure the size of the baby matches my bloodwork. (BTW, we'd LOVE another boy, but both kind of think it's a girl)

So this leads to me being tired. Aside from pregnancy exhaustion, this move is wearing us out! We're making our third trip down to Ohio this evening to look at yet another place to possibly live. We've gone down the last two Saturdays. It's tiring. And it's odd to me that we've yet to see a place with a basement. We've always had a basement here in Michigan. I'll miss that storage space. I need to learn how to truly declutter, I suppose.
We're really hoping this place tonight works out for us. We're going to rent for 1-2 years--pay off some debts, improve our credit, and get to know the area better so we know where we'd like to settle. So we're looking at a townhome. 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bath, garage, backyard, and it's in a nice neighborhood with many single-family homes blended in. There's also a nice park, and it'd be only a 3 minute drive from dh's work once the office relocates. Sounds great. Oh, it's also about $100 less than what we pay now. Yay!!! The only thing that makes us hesitate is that the landlord requires a two-year lease, no budging. Seems like a long time, but I think it'd be good for us. Time to save money, not having to move again with a newborn...What do you all think?
Oh, and the landlord is putting all new appliances in this week! New fridge, new dishwasher, etc. Cool.

This is why we've been so busy. Wrapping things up here in Michigan. Panicking because we're moving in about 2 weeks, but still no definite place to move to. Blogging has stepped back for a bit. It's good to check in today, though, and read what's going on with all of you. :)

ONE last thing!! I am super excited that one of my favorite blogs of all time has returned!
If you've never checked out
Carol's Storybook, you're missing out. She is awesome.

No comments: