Monday, November 27, 2006

Whatdya' think?

I have been having too much fun browsing slings. After reading horrible reviews of the ONE they carry at Babies R Us, I decided not to waste my money and order from sites suggested by friends. ;)
Here are the two I have my eyes on the most right now:
from The Peanut Shell I really like this pattern, too.

What do you all think? These are micro-fleece. Do you suppose it'll keep the baby too warm using a fleece sling? I am due the end of April, so it'd be hot weather just around the corner. I assume I'll use the sling most in the newborn months, too.

I also really like this one from Hotslings, but couldn't get the image to load. This one is not micro-fleece.

Once again, give me your opinions!

6 comments:

Kim said...

IMO, I think the microfleece may be too warm for both you and the baby if you're going to use it in the spring and summer. I have a stretch-cotton pouch sling, and it's sometimes like wearing my own personal furnace! I like the blue/brown color combination, though...very pretty.

Sharon said...

You're probably right.
Where did you get yours again? I should probably know this by now. lol. I prefer to go off recommendations.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I would be sure that the pouch will fit you properly. I found I really liked the ring sling (like Maya Wrap) best with a tiny baby. You can try some/ order them through LLL or at some boutiques. The pouch I totally love is the Rockin Baby Pouch because it's SUPER easy to adjust and fits awesome. It's on my Christmas list!

Sharon said...

Oh! I have to add the woman in the picture is NOT me! lol. That was the only shot of the sling I could get to post. I don't know her, nor is it me or my baby. lol

Kim said...

I agree that the pouch sling is a little awkward with a brand new baby...once Sophie got a little bigger, it became easier (or maybe thats because I had gotten used to positioning her properly in it). I've heard that the Maya wrap is great...I was just a bit intimidated by it, so I got a pouch first (no adjustments necessary...just slip it on, put baby in and go). You just have to make sure it's sized correctly, but you just give them your measurements and they'll let you know which size would be best for you. I got mine from Slinglings.com and I really love it. They seemed to be the most affordable of the pouch slings that I found, and if you buy 2 you get 1 free (it worked out well...1 for my husband, and 2 for me...1 for home, 1 for the diaper bag or car). At this point, I love it so much that I'm not planning on getting another type of sling...although that may change when I start carrying her in different positions (she's still in the cradle hold). But I highly recommend the Slingling pouches, for what its worth :)

Sharon said...

Thanks Kim and Stephanie!