Monday, January 08, 2007

The pill may raise odds of having allergic kids

Mothers who have previously used oral contraceptive pills seem more likely to
have children with nasal allergies, Finnish researchers report.
The team
found that, compared to children whose mothers had not used oral contraceptives,
those who had taken the pill within a year of becoming pregnant had a 67 percent
greater likelihood of having a child with allergic rhinitis, or nasal allergy.


I won't say much, other than there are other options! There are more and more risks being found with the artificial hormones found in the pill.
Any chance I get to educate on NFP, right?

3 comments:

Renee said...

Very wierd... Does the Pill compromise the imune system? My side of the family that isn't that interested in religion loves the fact I'm not using the Pill, because of the high rate of breast cancer and other gyno problem we have.

Sharon said...

Renee,
How nice to still have support! My family members that are non-religious don't accept that I'd choose NFP even for health reasons. They roll their eyes and convince themselves it's purely religious. I'd say when I was first starting NFP, it WAS 100% religious reasons. Now, it's completely combined reasons.

So do those non-religious family members that support you-do they consider NFP for their own use for the health benefits?

Renee said...

Most of them are older with hysterectomies or their husband's had vasectomies. Only if we could of got the word out sooner... some regret not having more children. Everyone tells me to have more.