Wednesday, January 10, 2007

May I Suggest

Even if you're not in a financially stressful position.
This book has been suggested to me by several different people now, and I only wish I had started it sooner!
It's great. He's not as high-strung as others, say like Suze Orman.
And he is Christian, so it's nice to come across a Scripture verse here or there while reading his books. He makes so much sense.

One day I hope to participate in Financial Peace University. Until then, I am starting here. Hubby and I are working on this together. It's very enlightening, even when you think you've already learned what there is to learn.

It feels good to actually be working on a New Year's Resolution. And it feels great to gain better control of our finances.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I am a HUGE Dave Ramsey fan!!!

I'm so happy that you're reading his book. I've read all of his books and even attended one of his live events a number of years ago.

My dad starting listening to him back when I was still in high school. I guess I started listening to his radio show and became hooked.

I really like his style. The information that he gives people is very simple--it doesn't take a rocket scientist to comprehend. His Debt Snowball method of reducing debt is nothing more than good, old-fashioned common sense, but it takes a very disciplined and determined person (couple) to keep on track.

Like you said, he is a Christian. His faith is very important to him--and you can see that in his books and in his radio show.

And when you finally do become debt free--he has great ideas on how to build wealth and prepare for the future.

Good pick!!

:)

Sharon said...

The further I get into his book, the harder it is to put down! I am so pumped. I know we have a ways to go, but it's exciting and invigorating. I find myself suggesting this book to everyone now! (including my sister!)
I'm so glad you are familiar with his methods. Don't be surprised if I come to you with questions! :)