Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hard to believe it's been ONE YEAR

Last year on this date I never thought I'd get over the pain and grief I was experiencing. Not physical pain, but the emotional pain and sadness.



Today marks the one year anniversary of losing our 2nd baby, Dorothy Grace.

We learned on March 3rd our baby had died; it was on this date last year our baby's physical body was born.



I never thought I would feel good again. I never thought I could endure a pregnancy again.

Light at the end of the tunnel? Nope. I was so sad and felt so betrayed by God.



He strengthened me, though, and here we are again today-I am 33 weeks pregnant, and we are about to welcome our 3rd baby into this world. God had blessed us with another son.



Today was not hard as I expected it to be. In memory of our baby, we bought some flowers and put out the picture we were able to take.

I am grateful for already having an angel in heaven. I still miss that baby, but knowing he/she is with God brings me great peace. It's what all parents strive for, right?



I would like to share my picture of our 2nd baby. Please be cautious and considerate before commenting. Keep in mind I miscarried at 16 weeks, but the doctor said they baby digressed in growth back to about 11 weeks gestation. Cause of death was Trisomy 18. There are deformities-I know that. But e very child is a gift. Look at the features-and around 11 weeks gestation!


4 comments:

Stacey said...

Sharon, I am so sorry. The one-year anniversary is incredibly difficult, I know. Thank you for posting the picture of your baby.

The only thing anyone said to me that comforted me after my ectopic was that my baby was dancing with Jesus. All of the platitudes faded away as I changed focus from my dying baby to my baby in heaven, being protected by God until I could see him/her again.

Huge hugs.

momwats8 said...

God Bless You - I wish I could have seen my little one when I lost him. Prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to each of you.
God really helped us through it.

Greg said...

I am so sorry that you ever had to go through the loss of your baby. I know that your little saint in heaven is watching over you and your family. Prayers for a healthy baby boy and that your kidney stone pain subsides until your baby is born.

God bless!