Monday, March 26, 2007

We did the Shoes; Now for the Handbags!

Stephanie has started a fun tag, once again! (If you haven't checked out her blog yet, you're missing out!)
The first photo tag was all about our shoes.

What else goes better with shoes than a handbag? :)



The above Relic bag is my most recent purchase! I've been needing a new purse for a while now, and last Wednesday I took advantage of the Kohl's one day sale. Half off! So this is my new summer handbag (with a longer shoulder strap that can attach). I had so much fun picking it out...it's been 2 YEARS since I bought a new purse.

Above is our current diaper bag. I do NOT like it any more. Grant it, it's served its purpose and all. But you know how gross these bags can get after a short while of use?! We've been using this one for THREE years. It's not a good fabric for being washable (without the insides coming apart, anyway). It was a baby shower gift with our first, and it was great.

It is time to for this bag to retire, though. Hubby doesn't exactly get that. With a new baby due to arrive literally any day now, I have been looking around for better bags. There are some I LOVE, but I can't justify spending $60 on a diaper bag right now.

I do like the idea of a handbag/diaper bag all in one, but right now with hubby using it almost as much as I do, I'm not sure that's the best option for us.

So I have my handbag, and there's actually a diaper bag (much better material to wipe clean) at Target I'm hoping to get. I guess I'll deal with the 2-bags thing for a bit longer.

I had fun doing this tag. And by the way, Stephanie (and everyone else who has joined in the photo tags...), since the shoe tag, I've become a little obsessed with browsing shoes! I now have about 6 pairs on a wish list. :)

Leave a comment if you play along!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

While I was in the hospital with Ace, I got two diaper bags for free. They were promotional things from Similac. They were AWESOME, lots of little pockets and zippers that were just the right size, but of course I use the one my mom got me because she's my mom and I don't want to hurt her feelings. See if your hospital has any!

Anonymous said...

The first one is SOOOOO cute! So summery!

Sharon said...

Stacey--thanks for the tip. :)
I'll try to remember to ask the nurse about it.

And thanks, peanut butter and jelly boats. I'm loving it so far...haven't switched over to it yet, but it's on my list for today.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, gosh, don't tempt me with that first one!!! TOO CUTE! Red is so in right now!

Steph

Musings of a Housewife said...

Love the new purse!

Anonymous said...

I love the bag. And I think a new baby definitely deserves a new bag!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I got my diaper bag from Target as a shower gift and I really have liked it. It's held up really well over the last 13 months. I think I'm ready for a purse again though! (Until the next child, I'm sure!)

Michelle said...

Wow, half off. What a deal!

And goodness, you've got your money's worth out of the diaper bag!