Monday, March 26, 2007

HELP! (sling question)

My sling arrived today. :)
I'm excited, and it looks just as cute in person as it did on the website.

I've never used one before, so please help me out.
When ordering the size, it said to go by your pre-pregnancy size, etc.
Of course when it came I tried it on. I am still very pregnant and all, and I hate to admit it, but I've gained 33 pounds already. I technically still have 4.5 weeks to go.

Do you think I should wait to try and exchange it for a smaller size, until after the baby is here?
It's tight now, and it seems like I'd carry the baby in the sling pretty high up as it is now.

How high on your body is the baby supposed to be in the sling position?
I just don't want to send it back for a size 5, and then have the baby and need the size 4 again, etc.

What to do?

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Is it adjustable? If not, you are going to want it to be comfortable, otherwise you will not use it! Baby should be at a comfortable height for you. Not so high that they'll fall out and not so low that it is straining your back. Probably how the website shows in the pics. Feel free to email me more at jsprecourt@yahoo.com. Also check out www.thebabywearer.com - there is a section there that offers troubleshooting with every type of sling!

Steph