Thursday, April 12, 2007

He Came Out Screaming

Three years ago today, at 1:28 p.m., my son entered the world. My first baby.Our baby was born, and a new mommy and daddy were born, too.
He came out screaming his little head off. He continued to scream, pretty much non-stop, over the next 4 months. Yes, we were blessed with a colicky baby. (if you've been there, or are there, my heart goes out to you!) Back then it was hard to believe that Aidan would stop crying one day and be happy. It was hard to imagine just how happy he would make us.

Fast-forward 3 years, and we can't imagine our days without him. He has taught us happiness. Thousands of hugs & kisses later, we know now what sacrificial love is.
Aidan is such a blessing. And I can't believe he is already three years old! Time really does go by fast in parenthood. He is not a baby at all any more. No. He is a little boy who uses the potty, dresses himself, feeds himself...He is a boy that knows how to pray and that Jesus lives in the Church. He is smart. He takes care of me when I don't feel well. He is a boy that loves to run around, play with play-doh, color, watch trains, cars, firetrucks...he is my amazing little 3-year-old.
I am one proud momma. God is amazing to give us such gifts. Three years ago at this time I had no idea what I was in for. I had no idea the love and joy that was entering my new world.

I know now. And I can't resist going to hug him one more time right now.
Happy Birthday, Aidan! I love you.

P.S. Do any other moms get emotional on their babies' birthdays? Pregnant or not, I always tear up and get emotional on his birthday.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Happy birthday Aidan!

I get a little teary-eyed when Ace gets another month older, but that's because I'll go back and reminisce over all his pictures. Looking at what a fighter he was from the beginning, how vulnerable he was, etc... Gets me every time!

Oh, and I think Jack Black is the most obnoxious, intolerable man alive, so I'd think that watching grass grow is funnier than him. :)

PB said...

Jack Black? Did I miss something?

Greg said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Aidan!!!!

Musings of a Housewife said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday Aidan!