Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Random Posting

Being home with a newborn and going on very little sleep, I reserve the right to make very random blog posts. :)

-Tell me again why babies prefer to be up all night?
-The after pains really are worse after the first baby. I feel them much more this time around, and I am still pretty sore, already 5 days after delivering. No fun.

-I miss Aidan. He is home with us and everything, but I really miss him. If I was in his shoes, I'd think this is the worst week of my life. He's being told no so frequently, and new rules, etc. I feel sad for him. I know this has to be hard. I miss doing the regular things with him like before. I wish he could only understand more and know I love him just as much.

-hormones are a real -itch. so is the post-partum body. It's not nice.

-I'm glad we had another boy. It's neat seeing how much like Aidan he is, yet how much he is his own person.

-Nursing really hurts right now. If you could say a prayer....I really want to nurse for a long time and offer what's best for Brennan. It just hurts to a decent degree. I don't want to get too discouraged.

THANK YOU for all the prayers during this difficult pregnancy. It means more than you know. It's hard to believe we're finally a family of four now.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Saying a prayer for you tonight, dear. Oh I remember those pains -- the cramping AND the nursing. Ooooh the toe-curling pains of latching on. Feeling for you. And up all night too -- the only advice I can offer is turn on a good movie. If you're up you might as well enjoy it. Pull that rockng chair right up by the TV. Hoping things settle down soon so you can just enjoy that sweet boy(s).

Musings of a Housewife said...

What a precious little angel.

Yes, the afterpains are no fun. And they're only worse after the 3rd. They should be ending soon, though.

Nursing can be painful at first, but if it continues to be, you might want to consult a lactation consultant. It really shouldn't hurt after the first week.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new little one!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hope the nursing improves.

As far as the stuff with your Big Boy, I have been there and I remember it well--though it was over 11 years ago. Just give him as much love as you can, especially moments "just with him." Doesn't have to be huge, just so he knows that he is your baby too. It will get better when everyone settles in.

Michelle said...

Congrats on the baby! And hhugs with all the adjustments. Afterpains are horrible, sadly they get worse each time. :( Stock up on Advil!

Good luck with the nursing... if you need to, put in a call to La Leche League or a lactation consultant.

Once the nursing improves, it can be a good time to read a book to your 3yo. Unless of course, you're like I was and you sometimes fall asleep while nursing. LOL :o)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I LOVE HIS NAME! He's beautiful... and you are SO blessed!!

Steph

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

P.S. My afterbirth pains were like full-on contractions! I even had to do my breathing exercises through them! It does get much better!

And with nursing- did your hospital connect you with a lactation consultant? If not, do you have someone at a La Leche League you can contact? If not, let me know and I'll get you in touch with someone!

Steph