Monday, May 28, 2007

Menu Plan Monday-May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day! I hope you all are enjoying the grill as much as we are. :)
This week there are mostly Weight-Watchers-friendly meals. I started following the plan again as of last week, so I am really trying hard here. HOWEVER, don't let it scare you off! LOL. I like to eat food that tastes good, too. ;)

Notes from last week's menu: The Vegetarian Sloppy Joe's weren't bad. However, the recipe didn't seem to include enough flavor. I added a dash of Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke. That added substantial flavor.

Monday: Hubby's discretion-probably chicken or pork on the grill. (side note: if there is a Kroger near you, you should try the Kroger brand tequila-lime marinade! Excellent on pork when grilled. YUM!)
Thursday: Crock pot Burger Heaven Casserole (thanks to Amy for this one!)
Friday: BBQ-style Chicken Sandwiches with corn muffins & baked beans (aka Cola Chicken-it is very good!) I'll most likely prepare this one in the crock pot, as well.

As usual, Saturday and Sunday are left to my wonderful husband to plan. We usually grill out as much as possible during the spring/summer months. Thank God he's a grilling man!

Since I'm attempting to follow Weight Watchers again, I need some dessert every day. I think this week we'll have some strawberry shortcakes with fat-free cool whip, and maybe some brownies. There are some great low-fat options for brownies. It helps me stay on plan if I still have what I love!
Go over to Laura's site for more menu planning ideas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your menu plan looks really yummy!!

Amy said...

You're welcome for the burger casserole recipe... ironically, we didn't end up making it, so you'll have to let me know how it is! :)

I'm trying to stay on WW again, but today I'm drawing a total blank on the menu planning, so I'm reading everyone else's menus first.

Christi said...

Everything sounds delicious!

Have a great week!

Jenny said...

Both of those chicken recipes look good.

In Light of the Truth... said...

Thanks for your comment! And I just may have to try some of those recipes! They don't sound too bad! Have a great week!

Helen said...

Great looking menu you have planned.