Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Some Good with the Bad

And I'll take it!
What's the bad? Well, my 2nd bladder infection in 2 weeks. There isn't pain to go to the bathroom, but the fevers that accompany the infection really hit me hard. They usually get to 102, once 103, and I start to shake and get so exhausted. I'm on another round of antibiotics. Hopefully this time it will knock it out in full!

Having another infection made me down and irritated. I want to scream "Enough Already!", but without it sounding like a pity party. LOL. (pregnancy following our miscarriage, morning sickness, then kidney stones while pregnant, hospitalized for 5 days for stones while pregnant, then horrible pain pills...false labor, and now a somewhat fussy baby!)

The GOOD is that I went to my first Weight Watchers weigh in this evening. I just joined last week. Stepping on their scale today....drum roll..........I am down 9.8 pounds!!! I know not to expect that ever again, and that's it's not normal, and it's probably mostly from still just having had Brennan nearly 6 weeks ago. But still, I am thrilled, psyched, and I really needed this boost! Woo-hoo! It made my day.

So that's my good among the bad lately. I'll take it. God knows I needed it.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I had bad "recoveries" from several of my pregnancies--blood clots, mastitis, strange auto-immune illness. Good pregnancies -- bad recoveries. So, I can sympathize and will say a prayer for you tonight.

In Light of the Truth... said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That's so hard to achieve sometimes, but you're doing it!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jennifer said...

That's awesome, Sharon! I have an easy low-fat recipe for you, too. We tried it a few months ago and really liked it!! All you have to do is pour a drained, rinsed can of black beans into a baking/casserole dish (I like to sprinkle the beans with cumin and garlic powder for a southwestern taste). Place two boneless, skinless chicken breasts over the beans and then pour a jar of salsa over the chicken. Cook it at 400 for 1 hour and serve it over brown rice---it is a 3 ingredient, low fat, really delicious quick dinner!

More coming! I know how it is, BELIEVE ME!! I gained over 60 lbs. with Landon's pregnancy--lost twenty lbs. after having him pretty quickly (placenta, baby, etc.) and it took me over a year to get rid of the rest of the almost 50 lbs.--breastfeeding helps so much (I know that now that we're slowing down so much with it and everything I eat just turns into cellulite---I can't button my pants all of a sudden and there's nothing like too-small clothes to make you feel like a fat lard! Ha ha ha!) Anyways, there's my two-cents! :o) TTYS!