Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Soul Departed

My sister's mother-in-law passed away this morning.
Shirley, a woman in her late 60's who has suffered much in recent years.

She was mother to two handsome sons, the oldest of which passed away years ago from cancer. Surviving is my sister's husband, Jeff.



Shirley was always sweet to me. She kept pictures of my son. After Aidan was born, when I was going through PPD, Shirley called me on a regular basis to check on me and remind me things would be better. She didn't have to do that, but she did.



I feel the loss of Shirley, but most of all I feel the sadness for my brother-in-law. Please add a prayer or two.

God Bless you, Shirley.

May you rest in peace now.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

This news made me soooo sad! And I can't believe you and I are going through the same thing at the same time (oblivious husbands and all...)--Hang in there and I'll be praying for all of us. I'll call you :o)

Poor Jeff!!! Ugh, I am so sad!!

Mary said...

We are praying. Thanks for posting that. She is probably smiling on you from heaven.

Ter said...

Thinking of your brother-in-law's family.... condolences...

Stacey said...

Aww, that's sad! I'm sorry.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss!!

Steph

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Sharon! Youre family is in our prayers.