Sunday, November 04, 2007

GAIN an hour?

Ha! Not with little kids in the house.
When you're 3, you're just not programmed to roll over, look at the clock, and say "YES! I can sleep in another hour today!"

Nope. Not when you're three. (& not when you're 6 months, either)

When you're 3, you're just programmed to wake up at the same darn time every single day, no matter what time you went to bed the night before. *sigh*

And when you're three, it's important to wake up & right away announce to your family you're awake and ready to go downstairs. Food is awaiting your belly. Toys are awaiting your company.
Cartoons...forget it. They weren't even on yet!

For those of you who actually gained an hour extra this morning, I hope you enjoyed it. I hope that pillow was just perfect, and the covers were blanketing you just right.

For those who didn't gain that benefit, goodness, please tell me! Misery loves company. ;)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I know what you mean! I just wanted to sleep in SOOOO bad and Landen was up as well. Amelia and I just stayed cuddled up trying to ignore the loud boys. Ahhh!

Stacey said...

Mmmmmm-hm. 7:15, Ace was ready to party.

Also, driving an hour and a half in the country is not so much fun in the LATE AFTERNOON when it's DARK.

The Lerner Boys said...

LOL - yeah, we didn't get that "extra" hour either with a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 month old...

6:30 am and ready to go - BOTH of them!!

Amy
(euroduck from cmomc)

Amy said...

Nope, no extra sleep here, either. :(

Michelle said...

I hate hate hate DST. Did I mention how I hate it? Most of Indiana just started DST last year and I've been miffed with our Governor ever since!