Monday, November 26, 2007

It Won't Last Long

So I'll enjoy it while it does. :)
My 3 year old just loaded the dishwasher. He was "cooking" at the table, and he wanted to clean up. He scooted his stool to the sink, rinsed everything off, and loaded the dishwasher (including breakfast dishes!) He was so happy and proud. (that makes two of us;)


So what if he got water everywhere. So what if he got his shirt soaking what. He is learning, thriving, and it was fun to watch. My boy is growing up. (and soon enough, he won't find any excitement in loading the dishwasher!)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay Aidan!!! Isn't it great to see them trying so hard to be helpers? I love it! And big applause for Sharon, too--It is so great to say, "Hey, a mess can be cleaned. Let kids be kids." I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again: You're an amazing mother! :o)

Anonymous said...

That's so cute Sharon!
Amanda

Unknown said...

Thats so cool! I love it when the boys try to help with things. This past Saturday, Alex had to help his Nana put away the food!

Andrea said...

How cute! I love when they do things like this. Like when Landen helps do the laundry. We're learning colors by him helping me sort! =)