Sunday, February 03, 2008

Menu Plan Monday--February 4, 2008

Good Morning! Down to business: We actually stuck pretty well to last week's menu. Our two new recipes were both good. (I love it when that happens!) I'll be posting those recipes tomorrow. This week's menu includes a new recipe, as well: Easy Garlic Chicken. I saw it on another's blog last Monday, but couldn't find whose when the time came. So my apologies for not linking with thanks to that blogger! Here we are this week: Monday: Veggie Stir-fry over Brown Rice
Tuesday: Baked Potatoes with Spicy Lentil Sauce (thanks to Marcia for the recipe!)
Wednesday: Potato Pierogies, vegetarian baked beans (Ash Wednesday tradition)
Thursday: Easy Garlic Chicken, bread rolls, fresh broccoli
Friday: Oatmeal Pancakes, fruit & yogurt

Tuesday is Fat Tuesday/Paczki Day/Mardi Gras! So Happy Mardi Gras to you! I love that day, and we're certainly going to enjoy some sweets for breakfast. :) (I wish we had an authentic King Cake to eat)
Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, a day of fasting and abstaining from meat for Catholics, so we're meatless for Wednesday. Lent begins this week! Are you giving up any type of food or drink item?
Thanks for stopping by to check out my menu. Laura is the host of Menu Plan Monday--head over there for more menu ideas!

13 comments:

Candi said...

Sounds like a great week. That new chicken dish sounds great!

Thanks for the compliment on my header...I love it, too!! If we happen to have another baby, you can bet there will be another picture!

Unknown said...

I just checked out the Easy Chicken recipe. I definitely like the amount of ingredients. Now, I just need to figure out a way to slim it down for our requirements. (diabetic)
I also love it when a recipe goes well.

Sarah said...

Looks like a great week! We're also planning special meals for Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday and the First Friday of Lent. . . . I'll definitely have to keep that spicy lentil recipe on hand, it looks amazing!

I hope you have a great Lenten season and a great week!

Best,
Sarah

Jennifer said...

I don't think I'm going to give up anything--I think I'm just going to DO things that are hard for me to do (exercise, go to Mass every week, etc...) Not sure what yet--Maybe a rosary a day? That's what I did last year. You?

Kathryn said...

You have a wonderful menu.

glad I'm not the only one having blogger spell check problems :)

Nic said...

We will be having pancakes tomorrow for Shrove Tuesday. I haven't decided what to forego for Lent yet. Thanks for the reminder.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Your menus look great! The lentil sauce looks especially interesting.

Thanks for your comments on my pics. Come by anytime!

DEHausfrau said...

*Sigh* - I really should do something with lentils when hubby is out of town. Looks like a tasty menu.


Thanks for sharing and have a great week... my menu is up here.

Bethany said...

Sounds yummy. How do you do the vegetarian beans? I might try those some Friday when the cheese pizza gets old.

Do you give up something for lent? I usually just try to cut back on desserts as a whole, but my birthday and my husband's birthday are both during lent, so I make allowances for birthday cake. I'm hoping this year to add in something for lent, like volunteering or finding another charity to work with.

Thanks for your comment on my menu. I've also given an explanation for the cow in those comments. (I'm trying to be cryptic, what do you think? "An explanation for the cow.")

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! We have tried Marcia's Spicy Lentil Sauce too and it is delicious.

Blessings,
Bella

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by! Your menu sounds wonderful. And, congrats on your progress so far! I like to think I'd be at lifetime already if I didn't pause for my 2nd pregnancy. LOL

Sea said...

Hi there! Thanks for coming by my site and commenting. :)

Menu looks good- I'll have to check out that spicy lentil recipe 'cause it sounds great.

-Sea
www.bookofyum.com

Unknown said...

I love your menu *jumping for joy* The garlic chicken - oooh ahhh. I'm gonna copy that one down. Lovely. Oh, and it's Thursday, so you're gonna be eat'n it soon. Yippee. Hey - sure appreciate your visit. Happy TT. :)