Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day, 2008

We had a really nice holiday, just staying around home the four of us (for a change). My husband has been working his butt off, so to have an entire day with him felt like a real treat for all of us. My only complaint is that it was very humid. And I don't do well in the heat & humidity.
We still enjoyed our local parade, though, as well as a trip to the park, cleaning out the sandbox, and daddy grilling out some bacon-wrapped fillets. Yum!

It wouldn't be a true Memorial Day post without mentioning our troops. God Bless them all, and we are so grateful for the sacrifices they make to keep our country a safe place. They are all amazing!

I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day! Here is our recap:
My guys getting their seats for the parade. Aidan insisted on sitting in the stroller.

The beginning of the parade: I love the guys in uniform & the flags
School band-Aidan & Brennan loved it!

I thought this was adorable. The boy scouts rode their bikes!
Old-fashioned cars
This was the Coca-Cola truck, a personal favorite ;)
This one was even playing the music from The Blues Brothers...pretty funny
The Shriners driving silly acting like they'd crash into each other. A good show.
Aidan's favorite part: the firetrucks are coming!
Later on at the park-Brennan loves the swings, even though he's not showing it here.
Aidan playing some soccer
And some basketballDaddy & Brennan playing on the slide

Brennan enjoying the park
Enjoy this last week of May!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay!!! Pictures!! I LOVE when you post lots of pictures!! I am sitting here in disbelief over how much Brennan is looking like Aidan!! And he looks so much like you that now I'm seeing more of Pat in Aidan--did that make any sense??? I can see now that B has Pat's hair line---UUUUUUhhhhhhhhggh! I am crazy about those boys!! Can't you shoot down here for L's b-day party??? :o(

Sue said...

That is sweet, Brennan is too cute! I can't wait to give him candy :)

Kim said...

Looks like that was a great parade! And it sounds like you all had a great day together! I love that last picture of Brennan...so cute :)

Katie said...

Awww, I love that last picture especially! Looks like you had a great time :)

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

Fun, fun and I love these picture! We had a parade too but it was like maybe, maybe, maybe ten minutes long. It went right by our house so we got to just hang out on the porch with my coffee and watch. Thanks for sharing the great pictures.. I love seeing your fam!