Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hard Day's Work!

At the Construction Site, that is!

Aidan, Brennan & I had a blast at Ethan & Alex's birthday party. I could easily tell, because they both took long naps when we got home. :)

Crystal did such an impressive job with the party. She had everything set up so nicely, and the things for the kids were so cute. Not to mention she made homemade everything-even marshmallows! (she posted her recipe here).

The "construction workers" ate their sack lunches, then immediately started to paint a house. It was fun watching all of them in their enjoyment. They got so messy. Aidan loved it. (good call getting washable paint, btw;) Aside from the painting, they had plenty of dirt to play in and dig around. I actually enjoyed telling Aidan that it was OK for him to get dirty. lol
Brennan enjoyed walking around in it, too.After some hard playing, Ethan and Alex opened up their presents. They got some pretty cool gifts. :) Aidan admired each one (telling me on the way home that he "needs them, too"). Following the gifts they attacked the clever pinata, then we wound up inside for some cake and ice cream. Again, Crystal made the cake herself, and it was delicious! I was very impressed with her decorating skills, too. (yea, I always order a cake because I'm no good w/ things like that)We had such a great time! Thanks again for inviting us, Crystal!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun! When I see all this stuff it makes me want to be a "cool" mom. I never do anything like that.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you guys came and had fun! Thanks for the compliments too.