Sunday, August 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday--August 11, 2008

I'm back to MPM after too much time away!
My wallet needs me to return, but more importantly, my waist does. The Summer schedule got the best of me and my menu planning.

Here is my comeback menu:

Monday: Crockpot Ranch Potatoes & Chicken, steamed green beans
Tuesday: Tropical Black Beans and Rice
Wednesday: Vegetable Cheese Bake, (recipe similar to this), fruit on the side
Thursday: Oven Porcupines, potatoes, broccoli or salad
Friday: Oatmeal Pancakes, fruit

Thanks to Laura for hosting Menu Plan Monday. :)
Have a great week!

7 comments:

Mojavi said...

what in the world is an oven porqupine?

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

I was wondering the same thing! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings,
Michele :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about this oven porcupine. I think I am going to try the Ranch Chicken and Potato thing. Sounds yummy!

Sharon said...

You all are making me laugh! :)

Oven Porcupines are ground beef meatballs w/ rice & other ingredients in them.
I guess they look "spikey", so for a fun name to appeal to kids they're called oven porcupines. ;)
This will be my first time making them. I'll snatch a picture!

Rachael said...

Your recipes sound great! The oven porcupines are a cute idea.

Andrea said...

Please help me get organized to do menu monday. I'm horrible, we eat out entirely too much, I never know what to make. My husband is a picky poop and I need HELP.

Amy said...

As I was leaving the BK drive thru with the family dinner tonight, I thought to myself that I need to get back to menu planning, too. GMTA I suppose.