Saturday, August 02, 2008

What's Your Favorite Season?

Mine is Fall.
I used to always answer "It's a tie between Spring and Fall", but at the ripe age of 28, I've concluded that Fall is my favorite season.

Maybe if I didn't live in the Midwest my answer would still favor Spring. However, in Ohio, Spring is very short and it's ugly. Everything is wet and muddy from melting snow. And it's not unusual to see snow into late April, even. Too icky for me.

So it's fall. I think the teacher in me sees it as a New Year. The academic year starts over in the fall, and I think that's when my internal clock gets back on track for everything. Fall is rejuvenating. 

I love that the school-aged kids go back to school, and the parks are once again friendliest to toddlers. 
I love that it gets darker earlier. There is more down time and family time. I look forward to the trips to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. We can't wait for Halloween. (in fact, we've already decided on their Halloween costumes, plus a second choice;). 
I love the cooler weather, enjoying it cool but not frigid. And it's a gorgeous season. 

I am so ready to say adios to the summer, heat and humidity. I want to enjoy being outside again, and worry less about bug bites and heat rash. I want Fall. I'm ready for it right now.  

Just over a month...I'm counting.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am right there with you, chomping at the bit for Fall! I do still love spring, though--A good southerner always does--But it is GORGEOUS here in the spring!

I LOVE the new blog header--It is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Don't change a thing!! I'm still hunting and hunting for a good picture for mine--No luck so far--They all loook weird up there :o)

Unknown said...

Hmm, I have favorite things about each! summer because E's out of school so more fun time and vacation opportunities. Fall because of school starting back and seeing him learning new things, and taking both boys to the pumpkin patch and halloween. Winter for the first snow, snowmen, sledding, and of course Christmas! Spring, well I don't like the wet rainy days in Ohio, but I love seeing the first blooms.

btw, I like the new header too! I need to get a good pic of the boys to change mine.

Sue said...

Mine is Fall too. It always makes me so homesick for MI, no matter how many years have passed! Summer is too hot & long here. I love Halloween & pumpkin patches!

Sharon said...

Sue,
That's funny. I always get homesick for G'ville in the Fall, too. I think it's more Fall for Greenville that I miss.
Weather wise, I miss Greenville as of late November, once we start getting frigid weather here.

Greg said...

My favorite season is most definitely Fall.

Yes, it is nice to be able to live on the ocean in the summer, but the Carolina humidity is something I'd love to forget.

Fall in SC means a drop in that evil humidity. Yes, we still have warm days and you need to wear shorts into early December, but the weather is just PERFECT. You can spend the entire day outside and not break a sweat within the first 3 minutes. The nights are so crisp and cool that I just want to sleep out on the roof and watch the stars all night.

I just love how Fall flows so nicely into the Holidays. Halloween gives way to Thanksgiving which gives way to Christmas.

And have I mentioned that Fall in Charleston basically lasts from September until January?!?! I love it! Now I understand that Fall in Charleston is very mild, so I always love a good road trip up north to watch the leaves change colors!!

Now look what you've made me do, I want Fall NOW!! :)

Sharon said...

I want Fall NOW!! :)

At least I'm not alone. ;) Hey, misery loves company, right?

Jennifer said...

This is out of left field, but: Hey, Sharon--We should hook Greg up with Danielle!! Report back to HQ!

Andrea said...

I do love fall a lot but summer is on the top for me.