Tuesday, September 09, 2008

ABCs of Homemaking Meme

Thanks to Vicki for this one. :) And as she said, "who wrote this meme, my Great-Grandmother (God rest her soul)?".
Without further ado...

Aprons - Y/N? If yes, what does your favorite look like?
I don't own an apron. Ironically, both of my boys do.

Baking- Favorite thing to bake?
Brownies. I can never resist licking the batter.

Clothes line - Y/N ?
Never! I suppose maybe in times of emergency or absolute desperation, but I don't find it appealing to show my laundry to all my neighbors.

Donuts - Have you ever made them?
Actually yes. My mom makes awesome homemade donuts, and I remember making them with her.

Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday.
Laundry.

Freezer - Do you use a deep freeze?
No, but I want one.

Garbage Disposer Y/N?
Prefer it, but our current place does not have one.


Handbook - What's your favorite homemaking resource
Different blogs? Or my mother?

Ironing - Love it or Hate it?
HATE it. Rarely do it.

Junk Drawer - Y/N? If yes, where is it?
Way too many. I dream of organization.

Kitchen - color & decorating scheme.
Right now outdated crap our landlord chose, reflecting of the 80's. I'd prefer a brighter kitchen of yellow paint with maybe some white cupboards.

Love - what is your favorite part of homemaking?
My family that fills the home.

Mop - Y/N?
Yes, though not as frequently as I should. Swiffer all the way!

Nylons, machine or hand wash?
Neither. I rarely wear them, so I toss them when I need to either wash them or wear them next.

Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Open the oven.

Pizza - what do you put on yours?
Right now my favorite is the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ from Vito's. Other than that, cheese & pepperoni.

Quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Watch one of the many shows stored in my dvr, waste time online, plan menus or grocery lists.

Recipe Card Box - Y/N?
I store things online.

Style of house - what style is your house?
Right now a 2-story townhouse-lower half is brick, siding on top.

Tablecloths and napkins?
Inexpensive tablecloth, paper towels for napkins.

Under the kitchen sink - organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized.

Vacuum - how many times per week?
At least once a day!

Wash - how many loads of laundry do you do per week?
1-2 a day.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I have the Motivated Moms planner. When I actually print it off, it goes on my fridge and I cross things off. I find that to be satisfying.

Yard - Who does what?
Right now the landlord, but I enjoy cutting the grass. Pulling weeds...nope.

ZZZ's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Putting clothes into the dryer and starting the dishwasher.

If you play along, let me know!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

These things are way to fun to read. Maybe I should play along!!!!

DEHausfrau said...

I couldn't resist...
My Contribution

DEHausfrau said...

To respond to: "Are you guys just that tidy, or does your dh just cover that?" - Personally, I'm a mess and don't see the clutter. DH is the opposite - I keep threatening to sign him up for FLY Lady because he would really be into it...