Monday, September 22, 2008

Me and My First Baby Meme

Thanks to Andrea for the tag. :)

Me & My First Baby Meme

1. Were you married at the time? Yup.

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I was somewhat in disbelief, since it was only 6 weeks after our wedding. I freaked out, but soon enough got excited.

3. How old were you? 23. I turned 24 3 weeks after Aidan was born.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I just had a feeling. I went to CVS and bought several HPTs. I tested when I wasn't even late yet, and got a Positive right away. Plus we were charting using the sympto-thermal method of NFP, so I had a feeling looking back at my chart. It's all the fault of some blush wine. ;)
5. Who did you tell first? My husband, then actually I think his sister on the phone. Then probably my brother and sil, Erin, since they were visiting us.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Definitely. Even waiting 20 weeks felt too long to know!

7. Due due: First they thought April 28, then April 19 (2004).

8. Did you deliver early or late? Exactly one week early, on April 12, 2004. Aidan was born on Easter Monday!
9. Did you have morning sickness? YES. :( Morning sickness is ridiculous. If we have to grow another person inside of us, God should at least eliminate morning sickness! It lasted around 4 months for me. Stinking morning sickness prevented me from making it to Jen's wedding.
10. What did you crave? Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Not too much, or too often.
11. Who irritated you the most? Some of my co-workers, and one student's parent in particular. She was trying to be helpful, but bringing me everything known to man to cure morning sickness annoyed me after a while.
12. What was your first child's sex? Male.
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 35.
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Towards the end. I had high blood pressure and had to stop work a week earlier than planned. Nothing major, thankfully. 15. Where did you give birth? At a great hospital in Ann Arbor, MI. It was a great experience.

16. How many hours were you in labor? Yikes, don't know the exact amount. It started around 10:00 (AM) on Easter Sunday, and he was born at 1:28 the next day. (PM)
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Pat, my husband.

18. Who watched? Pat and his mom.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal.

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Heck yes! I had back labor and it was a real -itch. I was surprised, though. Even with the epidural, I still felt major burning in my hip with each contraction. Epidurals certainly don't prevent you from feeling any pain. They just curb it!
21. How much did your child weigh? 5 pounds, 15 oz. He just takes after my husband and his family. (it was annoying at first, though, because people were constantly remarking about how small he was, and many even asked me if I had smoked during the pregnancy to cause low birth weight. Friggin morons)

22. What did you name him/her? Aidan Patrick. We wanted an Irish name.

23. How old is your first born today? Almost 4 and a half!

Tag five mommies:
Sue
Crystal

Mojavi
Vicki
Mary

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had fun with this one, too. :) I enjoyed reading yours!

Vicki aka Diva Mom said...

Yay! A reason to procrastinate from cleaning my kitchen!

Bethany said...

That was a lot of fun to read! When I finally have a child, I'll do it. LOL.

Andrea said...

Thanks for playing! I thought maybe this one might be kind of dumb but I have really liked reading everyones. =)

Unknown said...

cool, finally getting mine up today!

Jennifer said...

Oooh! I wanna do this one! Every mom LOVES a chance to tell a pregnancy story!! I'm going to go see if anyone else tagged me somewhere before I rudely piggyback here--ha ha ha!