Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I absolutely love it.

I tend to have a hard time seeing the good amidst the bad, focusing on the negative in our life. It's easy to get down.

Thanksgiving is so good because it gets me back on track. I feel so blessed and lucky this time of year.

Sure, we may not be living where I want us to be, or in the best place financially. I have physical flaws and a lack of willpower.
Despite all those things, though, I can see clearly, if only temporarily, what is truly important, and how lucky I am to have what I do.

A big house would be nice, but a solid roof is what we need. A skinny body would feel good, but I do have a healthy body. When I look at what I actually have and not what I don't have, I am overwhelmed. I have an amazing husband who works so hard for us. Two adorable little boys. A warm home. I have everything that I need.

I can always want more. I can dream. And I will. But right now I am grateful for what I have, right here, right now.
I have a faithful, hard-working husband. I have my boys. We have a good family. I have insurance, friends, food to eat, things to make me laugh. I have many blessings in my life.
I have all I need.
I am grateful.

Aidan & Brennan waiting for the Detroit Parade to begin. -->

5 comments:

TuTu's Bliss said...

very sweet

Sue said...

I wish I was there!!! Great pic. :)

Amy said...

Good message Sharon. Thanks for the important reminder of the difference between desires and needs.

Bethany said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon! I'm glad you had a good holiday with your family-- what a wonderful message :)

Lynette3boys said...

That is a great reminder.

And on a side note I thought the picture of your boys was your family waiting in line for the stores to open on Black Friday. Good thing I read the caption!