Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas Post #1: The Polar Express

It's not the first thing we did on our Christmas trip to South Carolina, but it's the first thing I'm posting about & sharing pictures. :)

It was a good 2+ hour drive from my parents' house to The Polar Express. It was a gorgeous drive through the mountains, despite ear-pressure changes. The weather was fitting, feeling about as cold as it was in Ohio.

The staff truly did a great job. We boarded and shortly after received hot chocolate and a chocolate-marshmallow Santa. The soundtrack from the movie was playing.
After some time Santa himself got on the train and visited! He kindly gave mini bells to each child, followed by the staff handing out song sheets with Christmas Carols.
We sang, they dimmed the lights, we railed past some nicely decorated homes, and then headed back to the station.

The kids seemed to enjoy themselves and it really was fun.
That being said, I don't think it was the worth the price they charged. My opinion is that it was overcharged by as much as $30.

Seeing as Aidan got sick the next day, I am glad we went. At least he has that fun memory from our trip!

Here are some other pics I like from that day:

2 comments:

Sue said...

I agree on being a bit overpriced. The web site hypes it up so much that you really think you are visiting the north pole. It was cold enough! Glad we all went though.

Hyperactive Lu said...

Looks exciting! I've heard of it, but we decided to pass this year! Love the pics!

BTW, we contemplated going down to one car..... maybe we will..