Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow Day!

It's not really for what's on the ground right now, but more for what's to come within the morning hours.
SNOW DAY!!!


I am looking forward to a day of playing with both of my boys, staying warm inside (uh, outside it's 13 right now).


I'll for sure take pictures (especially since we're supposed to get about a foot), but I want to share pictures from Friday-Saturday's snowfall. We didn't have a lot of snow, but we had horrible drifting. Literally, we had over a 2-foot pile in some places of our yard, and in others not even an INCH. Hence why drifting is so dangerous.


Side of our house: snow like this purely from wind & drifting. 
See how high? (compared to the meter box)

another view, side of house

same here: the wind stacked it up like this. Next to the front of the car we had over a foot.
Yet by the pine tree, not even an inch.

The snow blew against the window like this. (looking to our backyard) 
See how high from the floor?!

Not a great picture, but the point here is
to see the GRASS, green still. Yet just off the
porch it's over a foot deep.


So we have most of this on the ground still. By tomorrow we could have another 6-12 inches! 
Snow Day, Snow Day...hope it's a glorious fun day!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

YAY for snow days! The drifting is bad here, too. Fun stuff!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Misery loves company! We have 2 feet of snow and it's snowing another 18 inches here tonight through tomorrow! But I must admit- I just love the beauty of it as long as I can stay at home and keep the fire going!
You have a charming blog and sweet family! I see you menu plan, so do I.
Yvonne