Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ultrasound TOMORROW!

9 a.m. tomorrow morning I have an ultrasound. I am 16 weeks, 5 days.
There is a VERY good chance the technician will be able to tell us what we're having, and I really hope to find out!

Boy or girl?
Girl or boy?

Most of this pregnancy I've been all "this better be a girl!".
I admit, I would like to see what it'd be like to have a daughter.

But lately, I've felt strongly it's another boy, and that has really started to appeal to me, too.
I mean, I have 2 adorable boys already. Why not a 3rd?!
And yes, saying "my 3 sons" puts a smile on my face.

I know how to "do" boys. I have boy clothes, boy toys. I'm used to it.

Then the thought of a girl.
A large part of me thinks this could be our last one. With 2 losses to our history, aiming for more than what we've got doesn't seem practical. It's in God's hands, of course, but who knows what the future holds.
IF I knew for sure this was our last baby, then I'd be more hopeful specifically for a girl.

I guess what I'm saying is, either way, it's good.
Give me healthy, of course.
After that, we'll take what we've got. ;)

6 comments:

Sue said...

I hope you have a healthy lil' vampire :)

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to hear what you're having. I've been so out of the mix lately blogging has been the last thing on my list!

I know what you mean when you say you already have everything though - boys are easy and I had them. Allie put an entirely new dimension in our lives - I wouldn't trade her for the world now though :) She hangs the moon and brings the sun out each morning.

Hyperactive Lu said...

I know the feeling! Having something "different" would be fabulous...but having the same is equally fabulous AND you know it! :) I hope you are thrilled with whatever the doc says the baby is!!!! Praying for your day tomorrow!!!

Mandy said...

YAY! Three of the same is pretty cool. I'll say a prayer for you tomorrow! Can't wait to hear! ;)

Amy said...

My money is on "boy." But I'm usually wrong. Can't wait to hear what you find out.

Molly said...

I hope you have a girl! As a mom of three boys....a girl would be nice:-)