Monday, March 07, 2011

Catching Up

I feel like I'm in catch-up mode, trying to stay afloat.
Not that things have gotten bad (though Cillian has had a few fussy days), but time is going by so fast & there are just not enough hours in the day.

One thing I have never gotten behind on: LAUNDRY. Thank God for that, because no one in this house has an extensive wardrobe! I've remained on top of the laundry, and truthfully, most of the housework.

Thank You Notes:
I'm almost current on this one. I mailed most of them out, but have a few more to go. It's been over-whelming just how generous people have been. Such a blessing!

School Stuff for Aidan:
I'm staying afloat here, as well. Can't let him get behind. We didn't stay on top of his oral reading as much, but we're getting back there.

School Stuff for Brennan:
I tried to do a Leprechaun craft w/ him today, and he insisted he couldn't color. I didn't fight that battle too long (even though he CAN color).  I know Brennan has been getting to watch too much tv lately. It seems when he & I get started on something, Cillian needs to nurse or requires a diaper change. I feel bad for Brennan, like he's not getting enough one-on-time right now. Thankfully story time at the library starts back up tomorrow. That will be good for him.
This makes me wonder...how do homeschooling moms do it?

ME:
I'm a bit deprived of some solid sleep. That's pretty much a "duh" thing for a parent of a newborn.
I'm working on eating healthier & writing down whatever goes in my mouth. I don't feel fully motivated yet, though you'd think I would by looking at me. My stomach is gross. I hate mirrors. AND my double chin/fat face.
That being said, I am considering returning to Weight Watchers on Saturday. They normally want you to wait until 5-6 weeks pp, but I feel ready to go back, and my milk supply is not lacking. I think getting the health-focus back would only be good for me.

Still no real exercising for me. I'm really trying to listen to my body's cues, but it's so very frustrating. I WANT to be out there power-walking. I WANT to be doing the Shred and Last Chance Workout. I miss using the weights and pushing it to the limit. But...my body just isn't ready yet. I'm frustrated and feeling impatient with that.

Husband:
Does anyone else feel this way...that when you have a newborn in the house, you almost become roommate-status with your spouse? Time just blurs and goes by with so many demands those first few weeks. I find it hard, and I miss Pat. He's here, of course, but the nature of our time together isn't relaxed yet. We're still learning the "new normal" and it takes some time. And for that, I do feel slightly vulnerable & that I miss him.

GOD:
I can't believe Lent starts this week! I don't think I'm ready, but ready or not, here it comes. We did go to Mass as a family this weekend. Pretty good considering we didn't take either boy to Mass at that age (2 weeks old). The rest will come...I suppose right now I can offer up the sleepless times for those who need the prayers!

I'm catching up. Learning who I am as a mom of 3 boys now.
I hope I'm doing a decent job, and not to look like a wreck to the world.
With God's help my efforts will increase, and I will stay on top of all that needs to get done.

No comments: