Friday, March 02, 2012

Sometimes

Sometimes in the events of everyday life, I lose it.
I lose my temper.
I lose my sanity.
I lose my sense of humor.
I lose my patience.
I lose self-control (with food).
I lose motivation (to exercise, organize, clean).
Much more, too, I'm sure.

In the aftermath of those moments I realize the many imperfections I have. The ugliness that a person can possess, both inside and out.
Then to see in the mirror, that, sure enough, that person is me.

In that moment, feeling that realization, I feel humbled to even utter a small prayer.

It's humbling to just pray.

I don't feel worthy, I don't feel qualified, and that is humbling.

Sometimes.
 Sometimes like today.

1 comment:

Erica Saint said...

This is so real and beautiful. Thank you for sharing it so that I may be blessed by reading it.