Tuesday, November 01, 2005

On a Personal Note...

On a personal note, we had a blast last night! We had our own little super-hero: our son was Superman!! He was so cute. The best part is not the candy, but rather adoring your own child dressed up. He was just so adorable.

Seriously. I know I'm his mother, but it's the truth!

I am not against letting him go out for Halloween.
I AM against certain costumes, however. I was very discouraged last night when I saw a 10 year old dressed as “pimp".
What the heck are those parents thinking?! I feel that an appropriate costume can be selected.

After all, children have been playing dress up for years! On this particular night, ALL the children dress up together. ;)
Just a different view on it.
AND- if we practice stewardship and interact with our community like we are called, the argument for "sending a child to strangers' homes and taking their candy" is invalid. HOPEFULLY we know our neighbors and at least greet them from time to time. We had no concerns last night (other than our son's sugar high!), and it was such a night of memory making.

No comments: