Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Little More on My Miscarrige

Some things I wanted to share with you...
(click here to read the initial post, and here to read the Tribute)

~I actually went into labor at home hours before the d&c was scheduled. It terrified me seeing that much blood leave my body. I did have to have a d&c to complete the delivery (placenta).

~I passed the baby at home. In the bathroom on the toilet.
The amazing thing here is that my husband got our daughter out of the toilet. Without being too graphic, let me assure you that it was a mess, and had he not done that, I may have flushed her away. Literally.

~I have gained so much more respect for my husband. He is a hero to me. He rescued our little girl and brought her to the hospital. Had he not done that, we would have never been able to see her, take pictures of her, or simply find out that she was a girl. If you are reading this, my dear husband, I love you.
He is an amazing husband and father. We can learn so much about ourselves (& each other) through life's trials.

~Our daughter died from Trisomy 18.

~I am so happy about this one. The days my husband had to take off work- not vacation time. His employer granted the request for Bereavement time! When I asked him to find out at work, he was told that they would have to check with corporate about this. Then we were told the 2 days were bereavement time. My husband was also told that this was the first request of this nature. I am so proud of him for making a change. This could've been worse politically.
For me, this is a huge triumph! Our daughter was recognized as a person that we lost. In so many cases, society would not declare this a person, based on the gestational age.

~After physically seeing our daughter, I have an increased devotion to the pro-life movement, as well as praying for the unborn. They need us. So many abortions occur at this time in a pregnancy. And let me assure you, my daughter had all the parts formed. We could see her facial features clearly, as well as her arms, legs, stomach, etc. That is not just a "fetus". It is a human being with a soul. I am contemplating posting her picture to share.

~Thank you for your prayers and support. We still need it! It is getting better, and we can feel God working on us, but it is still hard. We will never stop missing her.

3 comments:

O! said...

This post was truly beautiful...there's so much I want to say but if I say it now I'm afraid it'll be rushed.

I do want to let you know that I sent the link to the pro-life website to all the people in my school's Pro-Life club and to all my friends...it was truly beautiful. Our Lady of Guadalupe is my favorite image of the Blessed Mother and the site just touched me...

...as well as the beauty I see in you and your family.

God bless you,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Leslie!
I am glad to hear you have people to share the pro-life site with. :) And thanks for the sweet comments.
Have a great weekend!

O! said...

Oh thank you - you too!!!