Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ahhh....Now I'm laughing at myself

Why am I laughing at myself, you ask? I'm laughing at myself because I believed, if only for an instant, that my child-proofing was complete. WRONG!!!

Now just how did I discover that I was sorely mistaken? For starters, yesterday I discovered we had a plumber in the house. Curious as to who our new plumber may be (and somewhat fearful), I crept to the bathroom. Who do you think it was? That's right, my two year old! There he was, his shirt off, plunger in hand, with it all in the toilet. Water everywhere. He was having a blast. (til mean ol' mommy came in and took away his plunger, er, fun). I thank God he was using the correct end in his hands and not the icky end. And I am even more thankful the toilet was empty. Imagine the possibilities....Gross!

I should back up for a minute. He let himself in the bathroom. Yes. He opened the door all by himself. This is new.
Before we could relax at the sight of a closed door, knowing it was keeping our sweet, active angel out of trouble. Our bedroom and bathroom doors have been closed ever since he started crawling. Little darker in the home, but ever so worth it. :)
Until this week. It seems like he gained the ability to open doors while he was sleeping, over night! Just great. Now we need to buy those doorknob covers that make it almost impossible for even adults to open!

There's more. Suddenly now, every light is on in the house. Seems our boy's muscles have strengthened, as now he carries his chair to every light switch, and flicks it on....Then off....On....Off
I turned off the light in our room, proceeded to the kitchen, noticed the light is still on. Was I losing my mind? Had I not turned off the light? Oh wait, it's just my cutie-patootie toddler standing on his chair, undoing what I just did! Ok. Now it makes sense.

I have so many more examples, but time is of the essence. I have to head out to the store to buy some more [adultproofing] childproofing gadgets.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

yuck!! At least that you can just flick a switch and it all goes away. lol. I WISH it was that simple in my world.