Saturday, September 09, 2006

First Prenatal Visit


Yesterday I had my first doctor's appointment for this pregnancy.

I am officially 7 weeks along, with an expected due date of April 27th.
The doctor confirmed this is a single pregnancy and not twins. (a slight concern, as twins run heavily in dh's family. His great grandma had 2 sets in a row, and one of those sets went on to have twins of her own! So much for skipping a generation!)
Single baby in there, we heard the heartbeat, and he did an internal ultra-sound to make sure the baby implanted in the correct place. So far everything looks good.

I still feel like I'm holding my breath, seeing as our last pregnancy I heard the heartbeat two different visits. I'm trying to relax, though.


That's my first report. If we had a scanner I'd post my actual ultra-sound photos. I can't though, so here is an image of the developing baby at 7 weeks. Pretty amazing.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hey girl! Long time no "talk!" What great news! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to follow you along on Baby #2!
Do you have Fix It and Forget It for your crockpot? Love it. Going to make applesauce in it today!
Amy

Sharon said...

Fix it and Forget it Lightly is one of my favorite cookbooks! I don't own it, though. I've checked it out of the library several times. Dh needs to get it for me for Christmas! ;)

Renee said...

Being nervous is ok, I'm 33 week and if I don't feel the baby move for a little bit I worry a little.

Don't you just love those "internal" ultra sounds. I had a cousin who had the suprise of her life thinking she was going to get a regular ultra sound.

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

April 27th, is a good day to be born! :) I was!

Though, you dont want my mothers labor (first I was supposed to come on the first, and then she labored for 48 hours with me before I came out) :)

I hope EVERYTHING goes smoothly!