Saturday, September 22, 2007

In a Nutshell

Every once in a while, we, as parents, get signs confirming we're doing the right thing. When that happens, I think it is so important to grasp on to that feeling-to that sign that reassured you that you have done what is in your child's best interest. Not knowing when that next wave of reassurance will come, it's significant to hold on to those signs until another shows itself.

I felt that wave of reassurance after catching Oprah's show with Jenny McCarthy discussing her son's autism. I watched her again on 20/20 last night.

Thank God for those signs. Parenting is so much striving for what is right, with so little instant confirmation that we are indeed making the right decision.

In a nutshell, I share these quotes with you:
I'm holding on to this until my next wave of reassurance hits me.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Sharon, Oh Oh OHHHH!!! Thank you so much for posting this! I feel like I hear this story entirely too often and it makes me so sad. How scary for her to have to deal with that TERROR while doctors curse at her and look the other way! I'm going to spread this link around to everyone who will listen. Thank you!

Andrea said...

I wish I could have watched this. I've been reading a lot of posts about it this week. I love the quotes! Andrea