Sunday, April 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday--April 28, 2008

Monday again! And the final Monday of April, too. Is it going by as fast for you as it is for me?
I have a few notes from last week's menu, which, I am happy to say, we actually stuck to fully! It's been a while since we stayed on plan.
The Slow Cooker Mexican Beans (as tacos) were delicious. Great meal. We'll have this one again. The Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken with Rice however, was voted down. It wasn't bad, but it was definitely lacking in flavor, and didn't taste too different than the Lemon-Pepper chicken we make. Disappointing.
The best from last week was the Weight Watchers Linguine Alfredo I made. De-li-cious! I was skeptical, but we all loved it, even my 4 year old. We will probably have it again very soon.This week's menu is planned mostly around sales I came across at the grocery store, and what we already have here at home. I was able to get the 96% lean ground beef on sale for $2.00/pound, as well as eggs $1/dozen. (remember when $1/dozen was high? Ha! And it wasn't that long ago, either!)
Monday: Italian-Style Rice & Beans
Tuesday: Easy Crockpot Chicken over Brown Rice
*Wednesday: Lumberjack Hash*
Thursday: Lazy Man's UNstuffed Cabbage Casserole
Friday: Breakfast for dinner (eggs, toast, fruit & yogurt)
*=new recipe
Thanks for stopping by! Remember to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for tons of other menu plans. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds good. I'd never heard of Lumberjack Hash, but that recipe looks like something my family would enjoy, too.

And yes, we're suddenly freezing here in the SW corner of Ohio, too. Two days ago I was in shorts & a t-shirt, and today I'm layering up. (Although I'm working this afternoon, so it will either be 95 or 35 there-- there are no happy mediums in that building!)

Anonymous said...

We will be trying the Lumberman hash as soon as I see some hashbrowns on sale! lol It looks super good and I think dh will like it too.

Do you like the italian beans and rice? Since we've been doing one bean meal per week, I've been trying to find new recipes to add to my stash!

Sherry

Katie said...

My oldest always gets SO excited when we have breakfast for dinner! If only they were always so easy to please!

Andrea said...

I tagged you!

Unknown said...

hey I tagged you but it looks like Andrea got you first, lol!