Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Before & After: Almost a Room Makeover

Near makeover in our living room. :)
I didn't think if doing a "before" shot until it was too late, so this shows most of how it did look.
We had been using that small tv stand since about 2005, having bought it at a yard sale for $10.
We are both so glad to throw it to the curb and finally have an actual entertainment center.

forget the boys and notice the tv and pathetic tv stand

another view of the tv stand and filing cabinet

Voila!
We got a great deal on this over the weekend at an outlet store.
Grant it, it's not 100% actual wood, but we're just fine with that. Take a stab at the cost...middle piece, and each bookcase adjacent to the center piece.

I plan to buy a few more of those fabric cubes (which fit nicely), and probably one will be designated for each family member.

I am stinking excited. Now that it's all together, the room looks so much nicer.
I feel less ghetto and more settled.

Now if I just threw out the nasty couch....
Soon. Or at least sooner than later.

I have to say, I am impressed with my husband, too. Putting these things together would drive me insane (I've tried). He did the bookshelves, entertainment center, and computer desk all in the last 3 days. I am grateful!

Alright, I am off to do some laundry and watch some tv.

10 comments:

Sue said...

I likey likey !! Pat-you are sooo strong. xoxoxoxoxo

The Masked Mommy said...

Love it! You know, a good entertainment center can totally turn a room around! I remember shopping for a long time for ours. I was so happy to see it in it's new home. Looks so much better! Go you!

The Masked Mommy said...

PS. the sprinkles were just the flower shaped kind (they come in multi color but I just picked out the orange ones for my muffin tin) They actually have them on the dollar spot at Target right now, along with many other cute Spring sprinkles!

Erin said...

It looks great!

Andrea said...

I really like it. Love the basket idea, i do that and it works so great! =)

Unknown said...

I love the "VOILA!"--It made me play theme music in my head--ha ha! I love the new entertainment center--and be THANKFUL that it's not all real wood--with kids, real wood is a mistake! Andy and I bought real wood when we got married, thinking we were soooo smart..."This is worth the money--It will last us twenty years!" we said. (Weren't we adorable?-Ha!) Now you know what our "real" wood looks like---Scratched, smeared, dull, blehhh! I'm convinced nothing nice can survive kids (especially boys) (especially mine!) :o)

Unknown said...

Dang it--that last comment was me--Jenny--Sorry. My bro was signed in to Google on here again :oP

Sharon said...

Thanks everyone. :)

Now the question is: WHAT do I put on those shelves?!

The average person would say books, but I hesitate to do so because of my little critters that live here (aka, Aidan & Brennan). Books & picture frames don't last very long around here if they're low to the ground or out in the open. Some day...

Bethany said...

I love it!! It looks awesome. BTW, if you seriously decide to get rid of the couch and plan to give it to Goodwill or something, let me know. I am in desperate need of some furniture for all the space my roommate left!!!

Nell said...

Yay for settled! Looking good!

Nell