Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Recipe: Shepherd's Pie

This is tonight's dinner (just decided an hour ago). It's one my husband loves, so I thought I should get the recipe saved online.
This recipe comes from a church cookbook, so there is no nutritional information to offer.
Turkey Shepherd's Pie

Shepherd's Pie

1 lb. ground beef
1 can peas & carrots
1 small onion
1 can brown gravy
4 medium potatoes

Brown meat & chopped onion together. Drain.
In casserole, combine meat, vegetables & gravy.

Boil potatoes then mash.

Top casserole with mashed potatoes. 
Sprinkle top with paprika. 
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until potatoes turn brown on edges.

Voila! That's our simple, loved recipe for Shepherd's Pie. 

2 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

I love shepherds pie, and that we can stretch it and made it SO much during the 1st year of our "getting out of debt" we are DIRT poor time that my husband doesn't like it as much anymore!!! Ours is a tad different... not sure why though or where I got the recipe, but ours is the meat, browned and drained, 1 can of tomato soup and then a bag of mixed veggies, topped with mashed potatoes and cheese on top. :o)

Cascia Talbert said...

That sounds great! My husband makes something very similar.