Sunday, August 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday--September 1, 2008

Last week's menu was quite altered. I had planned 10 meals out for the 2 weeks, and for reasons of taste buds, we switched some meals from this week & last week. It worked out just fine, since I had shopped based on what was needed for those 10 meals. We also tried some new recipes worth mentioning.
We passed on the Slow Cooker Vegetable Stew for the Parmesan Orzo & Peas. We'll be trying the Stew this week.
We also bumped the Vegetable Quesadillas to this week, switching it for the Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings.
The Honey-Mustard Pork Chops from last week was delicious. Count it as tried & true. ;)
The Parmesan Orzo & Peas was so-so. Take it as you will-compliment or insult-my hubby said it tasted like tuna casserole without the tuna. Hmmm....(I'm not a tuna fan) My oldest asked me to not make it again, so it won't be too popular in our house.

I went off the suggestion of a friend and made a loaf of Banana Oat Bread. Heavenly! we devoured it in one afternoon. We made it fresh, ate it right after it came from the oven. :)
Take caution, though: It's 3 points/slice. It's so darn good it's hard to eat only one slice.Finally this week's menu:
Monday: Happy Labor Day! No plan. I just know I'm not cooking. ;)
Tuesday: Slow-Cooker Vegetable Stew
Wednesday: Meatloaf Muffins, Potatoes, Green Beans
Thursday: Bruschetta Chicken Bake
Friday: Linguine Alfredo, Salad

Thanks to Laura for hosting MPM!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I was planning to bake banana bread this afternoon anyway- now I might just have to try that recipe, it looks really yummy!

lae21 said...

The banana bread and vegetable stew look great! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.